January 20, 2014

Goodbye Australia~

Just yesterday, I find myself bidding farewell to Rockhampton after my two years of stay here.. mainly for the purpose of internship as I made my way up the stairs into the Qantas jet. As I looked back, my days here did seem quite long.. yet not close to the amount of time I had spent in Brisbane; adding both would be close to a decade. 
  

I enjoyed Rocky, particularly the working part of it as the Base hospital is probably the most ideal place to nurture me during my junior years. Living far from family and friends back home, especially after you’ve graduated, just feels.. a bit different. I’m glad I’ve made my decision to return home for good.

Arriving Brisbane and perhaps the most part of it is.. scratching my head to think of buying for others. Along the way, I’ve encountered new discoveries in the city and too in Indooroopilly! I was lucky to bump into the new Apple store during its first day opening in Brisbane located at Edward Street, the place which was once the large Dymocks book store. 


You just cannot imagine the amount of staff they’ve hired and the no. of gadgets they’ve placed in this huge precinct of such beautiful architecture. Indooroopilly, in addition, made a huge extension on ground floor to harbour new cafes, deli meat shops, new Woolworths and fruit store. The top floor food court to my surprise, was ‘Asianised’ and best thing I found was... Hatakaya Ramen store from Gold Coast arrived here too! Movenpick was the other new opening which reminded of my memorable sweet times.



I actually spent time blogging this during one of my days in hotel room when I felt the time was right. Hilton is such a beauty and I awed at the sight of the tall indoor structure, whereby the base of it delightfully welcomes patrons to dine in or have a drink in an open, exquisite atmosphere. I had my music played and as it did before in the past, caused a stir of reminiscence.


I am now no longer as emotional as I used to be, and now more relaxed when I blog. But I’ve to say those days that long.. just remain part of me and my identity and when I do have to tell a story.. it’s once that I was an Aussie boy.


Coming here 8.5 years ago, I do remember the tears in the plane and yet it was not due to the reason I was leaving my family. As I stepped foot on Brisbane soil and was brought to St. Lucia, my heart gave way to a fresh new chapter and I lived with such independence and passion. 


I was really merely on my own for most, but the first new company in blue house and the serene grasslands of the campus nurtured me to grow further on in strength and in academy. I was supported for the 1st couple of years by music, blogging and also a pen friend who writes to me and enlightens me with postage gifts from Europe.


It was not too far until then when I met with such wonderful care group and my experience with Christ was just amazing, but not without challenges. I strived to overcome grief and forgiveness around a certain relationship, but to this day.. I can admit time eventually heals all. It’s just funny to think why it was such a huge deal for me back then, then I realised.. I did seem to really care.
 


My mom brought me to a vast humongous of places when I needed to during my uni break and few such I could remember well were Japan and too, Hong Kong. Japan is the most beautiful country I’ve ever visited, not just the scenery yet its dining experience. Hong Kong reminded me of just that first vivid experience with a recreational fantasy land and Disneyland was just awesome. Not to mention, Gigi Leung my forever idol resides here, and too a friend whom I’ve met with such comfort in uni originates from there.

I kept up with uni life during my medical years.. and really its just all about that. I used to be really sporty, able to maintain fitness every weekend by jogging from uni to city and back again via the path alongside the small Brisbane river. Brisbane city had been my life, and I would smetmes wonder around aimlessly with my Ipod earpieces stuck into my ears and hand holding a chilled Starbucks delight, looking at buildings, people and letting the wind blow by my face. 


I especially cherished the company of one of my Bruneian friends who had resided in Brisbane for a few years, and it is with him on those wonderful weekends playing games and watching series that I just filled my heart with comfort and home. I wouldn’t also forget the times with my Bruneian mates for all familiarity and fun cos without them, it would be very hard to get by.




I eventually graduated.. but wait, before that` :)... I am blessed to have met that lady. And yes, we met via Facebook. Our encounter and our days pursuing that were met with such fascination and enigma; they were indescribable. Meeting her in person on first day in Auckland was a wonder and to me, she’s just that ideal person whom you couldn’t just possibly imagine finding and having presented right to doorstep of your life. She’s just that. And subsequently the days we experience flourished with our natural complements.

I was reminded of the challenges we had to face, particularly in terms of health and too our careers, at the primetime of our lives. I am especially reminded and encouraged by the way we have managed our long distance, depicting it’s nowhere near impossible as long as both are determined to do so. I just feel it takes something to acknowledge that other one for who she is, and who she’ll be for a very long time. I thank you for this and let’s live it well and together for this year and more~ :)


I think this is just a nice way to end my blog~ Life is a journey of encounters with people of difference and challenges to overcome, sprinkled with fun and happiness portrayed by your loved ones. It’s a new chapter when I return home and I know there’s nothing to lose for whatever happens next~ Live life when it’s short, and I hope my holidays stay longer so I don’t have to start working so soon!

Thank you Australia.. thank you for being my second home. You’re the place where I’ve laid my footsteps on to become who I am today.

With love,

Keithtsz  

No comments: