March 27, 2013

chow mien, 9 years~

Very interesting topic right? chow mien, 9 years~ In fact, they are two separate meanings to what I want to say~ 
chow mien is, what I made today and I find it very surprisingly easy and tasty to taste. The 2nd one 9 years is a tribute to my 9-year old difference in age idol, Gigi Leung. Her birthday is today, and I'd like to share a bit of reminiscence on her behalf.

The chow mien, just takes a bit of effort. As you see.. my chow mien may look like a mee hoon, but in fact its not. It's thin yellow egg noodle.. you need a few ingredients to kick start. first of all.. the yellow noodle is the hard, dry one you buy in supermarket, and then when put to boiling water it softens. The most important thing is soften the noodle for 3-4 minutes, then run it in cold water after that.. then later add sesame oil into the noodle to prevent it from sticking, that's all!

The ingredients to fry includes carrot, beef, cabbage, red pepper, garlic, onion and ginger. The secret is cut them small small, or in very thin slices so it blends well with the noodle. you put in the latter three and fry it in a generous quantity of canola oil~ once 1 minute has gone, you add all the rest of the vegetables and meat. all you need is to fry it throughly for 10 minutes until soft. thereby I added seasoning Masterfoods Seasoning Pepper and it taste good.


Once you're done and veges soft, crack an egg.. let it to cook on one side. Then put your noodle into the pan and start using the sauces. Here I put some soy sauce, rice vinegar and chilli sauce.. and the hardest part comes to play i.e. stirring the noodle with the veges. Here you need to use two scoopers or even forks to evenly stir and keep it to low heat. Stir for 5 minutes, then you're done. It's easy right~

Long time no cook and eat this noodle, taste so good~~ It's been the fourth of my 6 days holiday, so all in all I'm gonna start my 8 day shift soon. I can't wait to go home in 3 weeks, as I've been counting repeatedly.. 8 months are about to go by since I went home or since I took a decent break~ smetmes I just wish for a quiet time in Brissie, amongst the southbank or city area and have a nice 2 days off there.. which is of course coming! =)


On the other hand or topic, Gigi Leung~ :) and why 9 years.. I've always keep track and known of her age thru our age differences. When I was in O' level, I was certain I was 17 at that time, she was 26.. at the top of her career.. the prettiest and most mesmerising voice you could ever hear! I was just lanky, soft.. didn't know of the vast challenges aligned before me.. enjoying my comfort zone and just drowse into her wonderful summer music and mostly dreaming fantasy~ :)


Hahahaa what life~ 9-10 years have passed.. she just got married, and I just got my job. how much indeed 9 years can change a life.. change a person.. and it is indeed these, which give me a smile knowing how much you've seen, sought, experienced and changed within the years... and linking how much she has gone by too in this pretty much a decade. She is now a happy 37th lady~ and she found her true love after years of searching... what a wonder~



oh well.. I always have a lot of reminiscence in my blog~ but anyways.. Emerald is such a wonderful place to lead a peaceful, undisturbed and educational life~~ I just wish, but didn't.. to continue onto 2nd term here. But all in all, the wonders and sights have astounded me in fairbairn dam.. yet too the staff and experience working with the seniors and too the patients. 

But truly, I have yet another more half to go thru Rockhampton, and is does sound a bit dreadful having to spend another long time away from home.. oh well~ I shud focus on my current regime and that my holiday is about to come in 3 weeks time. Can't wait! ;P to meet my family and wonderful gf back home```


- keith

No comments: